Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beloved and I spent our date night last night talking. The topics were all over the place...kids, relationships, the future, D/s. Lots of deep and sometimes painful things that needed saying and sharing.

He is suggesting a contract. Just hearing the word makes me nervous. It seems so cold and filled with potential failure. He views it more of clear-cut expectations, something that would allow for a measurement of success and meaningful reward.

Can you tell which of us is the optimist? *wry smile*

But the fact is, there are aspects of D/s that we miss, that we crave, despite the frustrations of our experiences.

Like so many things in "lifestyle" options, it can be complicated. I've looked at various contracts over the years and rejected them outright because I would not be able to hold it up day after day after day with the flux of children, poly, and life in general.

But it doesn't have to be complicated. Even if the only expectation is a glass of ice water when he walks in the door, the simple act provides a daily 30-second reconnection, acknowledgement of what we offer each other. A moment to express "Thank you for being in my life and thinking of me," without having to say a word.

I'd like that.

So maybe he is right...maybe a simple contract of the services we offer each other is a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment