Okay, not really...but some days...
It's a gorgeous day. Sixty degrees, sunny and perfect for doing a little yardwork and planting. I thought it would fun. Boy would be able to dig in the dirt and find worms, Girl could experience grass and sun, I'd get a few more plants into the ground.
Except that Boy only was interested in pulling the disappearing act or pouting by sitting on the curb (cars, unfortunately, go waaay fast on our street). Girl wanted to explore the grass, all right...by sticking handfuls into her mouth. After an hour, I had barely half of what I wanted to accomplish done.
I'm tired. I'm frustrated. I want to know what I'm doing WRONG!?! It seems to me every other mother I know accomplishes more than me...
Your doing NOTHING wrong - it always looks greener on the other side of the fence. (it's spray paint and artifical turf) Please don't wish these days away, someday you'll look back with longing.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Susan
I'm a new reader, going back through your old posts and this one struck me. You're not doing anything wrong ,Honey. I have a 26 y.o., a 23 y.o. and a 8 y.o. That dissapearing time thing happens with all little kids. Don't let "perfect mommy syndrome" get to you. You'll be able to actually accomplish more when they go to school. Any parent that doesn't occaisionally wish they could give them back or sell them off is LYING! You're doing a good job!
ReplyDelete