Friday, January 15, 2010

"Sugah! Have you ever used the word 'NO'?"

My friend Sassy asked the question in response to my complaint of being tired because I over-book myself try to stay busy. This morning, I am hosting a "Kids and cacophony!" playdate and have pulled the drums, rattles, and bells out of the attic. I'm sure it's going to be fun, but noisy!

At 1:15pm, I have a phone interview regarding hyperemsis. The HER Foundation, in collaboration with USC and UCLA, is studying the Genetics of Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Having survived it twice, I have volunteered my DNA for the study.

At 2pm, I am meeting with slave to discuss Beloved's leather jacket and boots. She's attending SJW this year, so this is a great way for us to meet AND she's been caring for her Master's leathers and hopefully will be able to give me a leather crash course since I know nothing about it.

At 5pm, I'm packing the kids up and taking them to my aunt's for the evening so that I can attend MAsT tonight. The topic is Emotional Barriers and Mental Blocks, which I think could be very beneficial to me, personally. Beloved isn't attending, but maybe I'll learn some stuff to bring back to him. I'm taking a notebook...

Sassy said, "Have you ever noticed that a guarantee on a car is for so many miles OR so many years? You do understand why they do that, right? It's because the car will wear out far sooner, if it is driven too many miles, or on terrain that is too rough."

Oh, I know...I understand...cognitively... But I also know that if I DON'T schedule out, then we sit at home and do pretty much nothing but argue about the television. That's no fun and tires me out MORE (I think...) I'm always getting vague offers for someone else to host, but when I ask for concrete dates/activities, all I hear is crickets. *sigh* Yeah, I guess I'm feeling defensive. I dunno what the answer is, but time is up...kids are arriving. Let the chaos begin!

1 comment:

  1. You do recognize that there is a middle ground between doing nothing and packing it in until the seams look ready to burst. *wink*

    I see more than most that you benefit from scheduling out your days. In general I would disagree with Sassy: Cars don't heal, they don't grow, and they don't push themselves to meet expectations. But as far as it goes the analogy is appropriate. Push yourself too hard, too far, or too fast and you'll break.

    If you thrive from the scheduling then take it to the next level and include recovery time, like after a scene, and you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish.

    ReplyDelete