The weather is dipping into the 50s at night, and the first sugar pumpkins are showing up at market...It's SOUP SEASON! If you haven't yet, you might consider joining up for my Soup Swap in November!
I've already made pots of ham & split pea soup and roasted pumpkin soup. The leftover mashed potatoes are destined for a creamy rosemary-potato soup. A 79 cent butternut squash is going to join some chicken and other goodies for my favorite chicken soup.
A little more ambition, and I've pulled out the bread machine. Honey wheat is easy enough and I started some sour dough starter.
Beloved teased me..."I think you'd be happy if it could be September all year round." September or April are probably my favorite months...the cool, sweater weather is awesome and I love the produce of the seasons.
*************************************************************************************
Therapy is giving my a headache...I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, the "promise" to unravel the crazy mood swings appeals and I'd try a lot of things to be free to be ME instead of a raving train-wreak-waiting-to-happen. On the other hand, I have serious doubts about "getting in touch" with my emotional 8-year-old self. Maybe I've been watching too much Fringe, but it seems weird to me. This week, Beloved came along to hear about "potential side effects." It's going to get worst before it gets better and all that dire stuff.
*************************************************************************************
Girl is *almost* ready for school. The potty training has been successful for a couple of weeks, and we're even trying diaper-less for bedtime! She had a pretty good interview day, but immediately developed a cold with the gross green snots and nasty cough. I've kept her home this week, but next week...maybe.
*************************************************************************************
I have plans...work...to do in the garden. Time to spread some grass seed and fertilizer. I have a couple of clearance perennial plants, some root balls, and bulbs to put in. I want to see what needs to be done to prep my straw bales for the spring...I want to move the tomatoes and peppers to the straw and try putting beans and peas in the boxes.
*************************************************************************************
Fourteen bags/boxes of donations were picked up, and just this week I found more out-grown clothes! I'm hoping I can get enough together for another massive pick-up in the first week that Girl is at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment