Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reality rarely lives up to fantasy

Well, I promised to update you about that interview. It was about what I expected, really. How did I get involved? What do we do? Is there a balance of interest from men and women?

I went looking for a poly group online a couple of months ago, and happened to find this one was meeting at a restaurant just a few blocks from my house. I walked over with the baby, had dessert, talked with people, and really liked the group. Last December, our organizer stepped down, and I stepped up. The poly group is family-friendly. We get together for movie nights, swimming parties, munches. Kids are usually present. We're not sex-fiends looking for hookups...instead we are pretty normal folks looking for other open-minded folks. I'd guess the average age represented was mid-40s, and there are more men than women at the events...

I don't think that was what she was looking for. The interview was barely 10 minutes long, and from the tone of voice, I sincerely doubt my responses will be a part of the final article. oh well. It was still fun to be asked!

No comments:

Post a Comment