Saturday, March 15, 2008

Words of wisdom

"When a couple become Master and submissive together, it is a growing together. The Dom already cares deeply for his sub, and the sub wants desperately to please the Dom. Eventually that overcomes most obstacles. Being emotionally disturbed over a request or situation only increases the mental barrier that is causing the problem to begin with.

As always, life is a learning process, from the day we are born until we die. There will always be things that we have to work on, and that does not change when a couple enters a M/s relationship. If Dom and sub work together, both wanting ultimately to fulfill themselves, it usually works out.

So you win both ways. And when the submissive surrenders fully, you win even more completely, because you do so, knowing that your love is not based on your submission, but only enhanced by it."

~ Trainer of submissives

1 comment:

  1. I think it's rather easy to go from the D/s relationship to marriage. D/s requires so much trust, that once you are already there, it's almost a "Meh, marriage is easy compared to this" attitude.

    However, marriage is societally based upon equal terms between the partners. After years of more or less being equals, you are moving into a relationship where one partner is Dominant over the other. It takes giving up some of that control, which is such a difficult task after years of training yourself to be equal.

    I've seen you two. I've been there. It's the attitude that you have. It's the desire that you have to make others happy which will get you through this transition. Are there going to be days where you struggle and resist his control? Of course. And on those days, I hope he takes you over the end of the bed and spanks you until you give in.

    Enjoy each other, as I'm so sure you do.

    ReplyDelete