"With a cup and a cake
On the top of my hat!
I can hold TWO books!
I can hold up the fish!
And a little toy ship!
And some milk on a dish!
And look!
I can hop up and down on the ball!
But that is not all!
Oh, no.
That is not all...
If you need to brush up on your Dr. Suess, the title comes from Cat In The Hat, and that was EXACTLY what I was just thinking. Typical pixie I was simultaneously:
* humming under my breath
* holding Girl
* washing the counter
* making bread
* defrosting a roast
* listening to Boy in the bath
Of course, I realize most of this is made possible by modern day convinces like bread machines that do the kneeding and microwaves and baby monitors, but it was still kind of amusing when the quote popped into my head.
I just worry about the next stanza...you know...when ALL the things fall...
No comments:
Post a Comment