You know, I was doing pretty well there for a moment. I successfully sent 8 little kids home on Friday with Snowball Soaprizes to surprise people with this holiday. I got rave reviews from people about BaconFest, which was about 45 people and utter insanity on Saturday (it was the first INTERNATIONAL BaconFest as Remmy joined us!). I delighted four children with a Backyardigans' birthday party on Sunday.
By Sunday night, I had gotten ALL of the dishes washed, dried, and put away; about 80% of the week's laundry washed, dried, and folded; toys were all picked up and in relative order; the humidifier was running in the Master bedroom.
Beloved praised me for keeping it together while we played a game of cribbage just before going to bed.
And today, everything seemed to crumble. Girl was up twice in the night, once for about an hour and a half, once for forty-five minutes. Beloved let me sleep in this morning, but rushed me awake because he realized he was running late. Both the kids tag-teamed me all day...when one wasn't whining or crying, the other would pick up the slack. I managed to strip the bed like I promised Beloved only to hear a crash in the kitchen where I found Boy trying to help himself to fruit snacks. It got to be 5 pm and I was clueless about dinner (again). I missed Beloved's call saying he was on his way home because of diapers, and was at the end of my rope and snippy when he and Roomate came in. Beloved volunteered to take Boy to see Santa, only to find out that the hours I had were wrong...
I'm also totally stressed out because a friend of ours, out of the blue, said that there's an opening for a gym teacher at her Montessori school. The idea would be that I'd earn a discount on Boy's tuition, which would be swwweeeeeet!, BUT my hair is electric blue, my resume hasn't been updated since 2005, and they want to do interviews THIS WEEK. GAH!
So...yeah. I lost the balance. I'm going to go do (another) load of laundry, make the bed, and pray tomorrow is a better day.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete